How to Pack Light When Traveling
Packing for a trip really depends on where you are going and how many days your trip will take. In reality, packing for a 2-day business trip should be a breeze for all you need to do is pack the essential grooming kit and clothes that you need for the duration of the trip.
However, packing for a vacation trip is different. Aside from the usual grooming kit (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, comb, etc) there are the different articles of clothing, sports equipment, first-aid kit and more that you need to pack. A first aid kit including medications that you take daily is a must-bring especially if you are going out of the country. Here are some tips on how to pack light.
1. Bring only the essential clothes that you need. Do not pack clothes that you might not need.
2. Pack a few items of each clothing article - pants, shorts, shirts, sweater, swimsuit, socks, underwear, scarf, jacket and a pair of sensible shoes. You can always wash your dirty clothes and underwear.
3. Pack a basic grooming kit i.e. toothbrush, comb, toothpaste, soap and shampoo. If you ran out of these items, you can always buy at any convenience store. There is a 7-11 in almost all major cities in the world.
4. Choose a lightweight carry-on-size bag and a backpack for your clothes and things.
5. Pack your bags only 2/3 full for souvenirs and other new things that you will buy. Roll your clothes tightly before packing them to minimise wrinkles and maximise luggage space.